- You can easily change the touch sensitivity on your iPhone by adjusting its 3D & Haptic Touch settings.
- Touch sensitivity is an iPhone feature that was released through the introduction of the 3D Touch in 2015, which allows you to bring up menus, previews, and actions by changing the force of your press on the screen.
- The 3D Touch feature was recently replaced with “Haptic Touch” in the iPhone 11.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
3D and Haptic Touch are notable recent features of the iPhone. While the 3D Touch feature was released first in 2015, it was replaced recently by the more user-friendly Haptic Touch for the iPhone 11.
The 3D and Haptic Touch features essentially do the same thing — by changing how you press on certain icons on your phone, you can bring up content previews, possible actions, and contextual menus.
The only difference between the two features is that, with 3D Touch, the icons on your phone respond to how long you press, as well as the force of the press itself. The Haptic Touch, on the other hand, only responds to the length of each press.
If you don’t have an iPhone 11, the 3D Touch feature is still installed in your iPhone if you have an iPhone 6S or later.
If you don’t like your current touch settings — whether you think the sensitivity is too high, and you end up pulling up menus by accident all the time, or that it is too low that your phone is not responding properly to your commands — you can easily change the touch sensitivity on your iPhone on an iPhone 6S or later. Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
IPhone: How to change the touch sensitivity on an iPhone
1. Open your Settings app.
2. Scroll down until you reach the third list of items, and select “Accessibility.”
3. Tap “Touch” under “Physical and Motor.”
4. Tap “3D & Haptic Touch.” Note that depending on the device you have, you might only see 3D Touch.
5. Turn on the feature, if it is not on already, then use the slider to select your desired sensitivity level.
You can also select how quickly you want the content previews and menus to appear by selecting Fast or Slow under Touch Duration.