Want to remove old iPhone backups stored on your Mac but aren’t sure how, since iTunes isn’t around in the latest version of macOS? Read on for how to delete iPhone backups in macOS Catalina in a few easy steps.
Deleting iPhone backups used to hide in iTunes preferences. Now that Apple has done away with the app in macOS Catalina and is using Finder to manage devices like iPhone and iPad, that’s where you’ll remove iOS backups in the latest macOS release.
Better yet, it’s easier than ever to access your iPhone or iPad backups in macOS Catalina.
IPhone: Mac: How to delete iPhone backups in macOS Catalina
- Plug your iPhone into your Mac with a Lightning cable
- Launch Finder and click your iPhone in the sidebar on the left
- Under the Backups section, click Manage Backups…
- Select the backup(s) you want to delete
- Click Delete Backup in the bottom left corner of the window
- Confirm the deletion if needed
Keep in mind the above steps will only offer the option to manage/delete Mac backups. To delete iPhone backups stored on iCloud, on your iPhone head to Settings > Your name > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups.
Here’s how the process looks:
Now you’ll see all the iPhone or iPad backups stored on your Mac. You can delete them individually or use command or shift to select multiple backups.
Read more 9to5Mac tutorials:
iPhone & iPad:
- iPhone: How to remove location data from photos and videos before sharing
- iPhone: 5 tips to declutter and organize apps, emails, messages, photos, more
- How to use the Apple Pencil screenshot shortcut on iPad
- How to find out when your iPhone 11 camera is using Deep Fusion
- How to use the Deep Fusion iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro camera feature
- How to edit messages on iPhone and iPad with two-finger tap
- How to use the ultra wide camera on iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro
- Audio not working for one of your AirPods? Here’s how to fix it
- How to get AirPods Pro ear tip replacements
- How to clean your dirty AirPods Pro and charging case
- AirPods Pro: How to customize Force Sensor controls
- AirPods Pro: How to use Ear Tip Fit Test and change tips
- AirPods Pro: How to use noise cancellation and Transparency mode
- AirPods Pro vs Powerbeats Pro: How specs, size, price, and more compare
- What’s the difference in AirPods and AirPods Pro? Here’s how size, price, and features compare
- macOS Catalina: How to master Dark Mode for Mac
- How to force iMessage to sync with iCloud on Mac
- macOS: How to set up Force Click with a Logitech MX Master mouse
- Selling your MacBook? Here’s how to repair the butterfly keyboard for free and get more money
- How to check iPad and Mac Sidecar requirements
- How to create a bootable macOS Catalina 10.15 USB install drive [Video]
- How to sync iPhone and iPad to your Mac in macOS Catalina without iTunes
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.