There’s always a new Netflix series to start once you wrap up the one you’re currently binging, but with so many choices, there’s bound to be a few that you don’t stick with. But you still have to see them take up space in your queue, and that’s annoying.
Thankfully, Netflix is now making it easier to remove items from your “Continue Watching” feed so you can cull that list down to only what you actually want to watch with just a few taps.
The new quick-remove feature works immediately, but is only available on Android smartphones and tablets right now and iOS sometime in the future. Changes you make to the “Continue Watching” row in the mobile app will apply across all devices you use your Netflix account on.
(Yet another reason to let your friends—especially those with Android phones—”borrow” your account login for the day, right?)
- Open the Netflix app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Scroll to the “Continue watching” row.
- Tab through until you spot a movie or series you want to remove, then long-press on the title’s thumbnail until the quick-select menu appears.
- Tap “Remove From Row” at the bottom of the quick-select menu.
That’s it—the item will be delisted from “Continue Watching.”
Since the quick-menu option is only available for Android users at the time of writing, we’ll show you another way to remove stuff from the “Continue Watching” row by hiding it in your profile’s activity feed. This only works on desktop and takes up to 24 hours to take effect, but it’s the only other option for non-Android (and soon non-iOS) users.
G/O Media may get a commission
- Open Netflix.com in a desktop browser.
- Sign in to your account.
- Click your profile icon to open the Account page, then go to Profile & Parental Controls and select the profile you want to remove activity for.
- Go to Viewing Activity > Activity.
- Click the “/” icon next to a title to hide it. This removes it from your “Continue Watching” row and all other activity feeds. You can also click “Hide All” to remove all watch activity for the selected profile.
- Confirm any changes if prompted. The hidden content should leave your “Continue Watching” feed within 24 hours